The GPA Midstream Association is the primary advocate for a sustainable Midstream Industry focused on enhancing the viability of natural gas and natural gas liquids. We provide local, regional and global forums to develop standards, conduct industry research, educate our workforce and improve operational safety.
As a regional chapter, the Appalachian Basin GPA Midstream Association promotes regional growth within our industry by awarding financial support through our scholarship program to Engineering and Technical School students interested in Midstream careers. For the 2018 academic school year, the Appalachian Basin GPA Midstream will award multiple scholarships up to $2,500.
This year, the Appalachian Basin Chapter has partnered with:
- West Virginia University
- Pierpont Community & Technical College / Alderson Broaddus University
- West Virginia Northern Community College
- Pittsburgh Technical College
- Westmoreland County Community College
- Community College of Beaver County
- Slippery Rock University
- University of Pittsburgh
- Stark State College
- Marietta College
The Appalachian Basin GPA Midstream Association Scholarship Committee is composed of a minimum of three members appointed by the Board of Directors. Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and will provide a recommendation of nominees to the Board of Directors.
The Scholarship Committee will judge applications based on merit to students who’s academic and extra-curricular activities demonstrate a desire to succeed, a commitment to making a positive contribution to others and whose application substantiates the minimum requirements below.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Student must demonstrate a strong interest in joining the oil and natural gas midstream industry.
- Students must currently be enrolled as a full time student (at least 12 credit hours) at a partner school and at least in the second year of a two-year or four-year undergraduate degree program with a concentration in engineering or petroleum technology.
- Student must possess a grade point average of 2.8 or greater on a 4.0 scale. Proof or verification of GPA may be requested by the Scholarship Committee.
- Student must be a US Citizen.
- Student cannot be a relative of an ABGPA Scholarship Committee member.
Download Overview (PDF)
Download Application (fillable PDF)
Scholarship applications for the 2018 school year should be submitted by clicking the Apply Now button (top and bottom of this page) on or before the deadline - July 1, 2018.
If you have any issues with using the online system for your application, please email email@example.com.
The Appalachian Basin GPA Midstream Association Scholarship Committee will review the applications and award August 1, 2018. Please note that verification of submitted Grade Point Average (GPA) may be requested from selected applicants.
Cynthia (CJ) Andrews
Scholarship Committee Chair
ABGPA Midstream Association
The Appalachian Basin GPA Midstream Association Scholarship Committee shall not grant any advantage, deny benefits, or unfairly exclude any student from participation in the program on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, disability, national origin, marital status, political or religious beliefs, family, social or cultural background, or sexual orientation